Banh Mi Food Memories
Have you ever watched the Food Network show Chopped? I’m a huge fan of the Food Network and watch Chopped religiously, but on more than one occasion, their judgment over asian food, in particular, banh mi aka Vietnamese sandwiches, has left a severe distaste in my mouth. And yes, it’s literally because they made crappy food in the name of Vietnamese cuisine.
Anyone RAGE like I do when non-Vietnamese folks make a banh mi and don’t do it the right way, BUT have the audacity to assume their dish is legit, when it’s NOT? Read more, this is for you.
Asiabroadcast: Ever since I laid eyes on this scrumptious Bahn Mi photo I’ve been absolutely salivating, alas no way I can get any here in The Netherlands so I have pork-belly on my shopping-list to prepare these at home for the family.
- asiabroadcastconnection likes this
- icantbelievenickie likes this
- chococatandfriend likes this
- akabrydz likes this
- cindalalala likes this
- always-helen likes this
- youknowlikethef-l-o-w-e-r likes this
- sphl likes this
- notyourexpectations likes this
- yenicorn likes this
- yenicorn said: I saw this episode where the chef said: I made a banh mi sandwich.
- sweetlikesour likes this